2009-04-26

Nostalgic rant of the interweb

I miss those good old days when HTML was white background, black foreground and blue links, not these devilish flash websites and heavy webapps we have today.

I miss the good old days of ASCII emails, not these HTML embedded with attached images, off-site images. Oh yeah, those spam-free text-only simple and efficient e-mail, that was email. Who the hell needs scripts being auto-executed when reading emails?

Heck, I miss the good old mainframe days, when men were real men, and coded their own interfaces, patched and recompiled the programs they used, until they worked to satisfaction. Of course, this was done in macho-language C, not these bogus unreliable unpredictable script languages, that don't enforce variable definitions. These modern languages that let ignorants remain ignorants.

Maybe I'm 20 years older than my real age.

Disclaimer: I'm not old enough to actually have used - or even seen, FTM - a mainframe, but that's beside the point. I can't code in C, although I have some basic familiarity with the syntax. I have seen someone use Python, but I don't grok it either. </hypocrisy> I wish I had enough skills to fix my own issues, but there's only so much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment